Roller frames

Discuss the various aspects of textile screen printing.
Share your tips & tricks. Ask Questions

Moderator: Moderator Team

rapidscreen
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Roller frames

Post by rapidscreen »

Hi,

I was wondering what people think of roller frames. Do you think they are still very popular? Do many screen printers use them that you know?

Thanks for any replies.
d fleming

Re: Roller frames

Post by d fleming »

I have a stack of aluminum frames and 2 large rollers sitting in the weather out back. Haven't used either since I switched to hix square tube retensionables. All my metal frames are for clamshell flatstock presses, I use wood frames for the little bit of t-shirt printing we do on our manual. They're so cheap that I just toss the old and useless ones on the bonfire in the winter months and order another box.
TMP_D
Intern
Intern

Post by TMP_D »

I have used rollers for automatics, but then have pretty much only used wooden for manual
taglessthreads.com
Intern
Intern

Post by taglessthreads.com »

We used aluminum frames up till a year ago and I'll admit they are worth the money. We use the tri-loc with our M & R and the high tension on the Newmans help us register and set up screens faster. You also get a better print stoke with the high tension. It's worth it, just be ready for the costly investment of switching over.
Screen Printing - Tagless Threads
juicebox1988
Just Browsing
Just Browsing

Post by juicebox1988 »

we use roller frames for our automatic machines. we have a set up to be able to remesh them ourselves. that is the biggest advantage to us. its nice to be able to change out screens on site. the downfall is we dont use them on our manual machines. they are too heavy and occasionally fall.